EMC and Radiation contamination
Electromagnetic compatibility testing is the interaction of electrical and electronic equipment with its electromagnetic environment and with other equipment. All electronic devices have the potential to emit electromagnetic fields.
At METS Lab,
- We are a leading and the best testing lab for EMC testing and has been testing products for EMC with our highly experienced staff
- We can help other companies limit their risk in a cost-effective manner.
- We first and foremost are committed to providing exceptional testing services, innovative technical problem solving plus a fast response to time to meet our clients need.
- Contact METS Lab for an established cost effective, knowledgeable and complete service solution.
There are two types of EMC testing which includes immunity testing and emissions testing.
- Immunity testing measure a devices reaction when exposed to EM noise and other interruptions.
- On the other hand, EM interference involves measuring the amount of EM noise a device generates during normal functioning.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
FCC stands for Federal Communications Commission. It is an agency of the U.S. Federal Government responsible for the management of the radio spectrum in the US. The FCC protects against “radio and broadcast pollution”, both by enforcing standards of broadcast decency, and by regulating Electromagnetic noise sources.
Electrical and electronic products may interfere by producing radio spectrum noise. As electric current moves around inside an electrical product, the current will produce electromagnetic field waves that will travel through space. Those waves may affect other electrical currents in other products, and cause unwanted interference.
The FCC has four main categories of equipment authorization:
- Verification (unintentional radiators)
- Declaration of Conformity (unintentional radiators that connect with PC’s or television systems)
- Certification (intentional radiators, radar detectors)
- Registration (telephones & telecommunication devices)
Different authorization is needed for different types of equipment. Technical expertise is needed to evaluate the design to ensure correct authorization.
Our testing professionals can cover all types of products, from small appliances to large defense industry machines. Our global network of accredited labs is capable of conducting a comprehensive range of EMC tests and providing you with EMC certification.
EMC testing is mandatory in market to meet the respective regulatory requirements, reduce penalties associated with noncompliance and enhance product performance out EMC testing regime takes these standards into account, issuing certification for compliance with international market regulations. Testing is carried out but experts in our state of art laboratories.
Are you interested in our EMC testing services?
Contact us now to request a quote.
Like EMC test, in order to know if the working surfaces are free of radioactive contamination, a contamination check should be performed in regular intervals of times. Many radioactivity materials are silver coloured, metallic solids in their pure state, they can vary in colour and exist in different physical state, including liquids and gases.
Radioactive contamination could occur if radioactive materials are released into the environment. METS Lab is engaged in Radioactive contamination testing and certification in commodities.